The vision of Victor Valley Community College District is to:
Cultivate intellectual growth, social responsibility, environmental stewardship, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
Create exceptional and accessible lifelong learning opportunities that afford students within our expanding communities the attainment of knowledge and skills necessary for success in the global economy.
Embrace differences in our communities by integrating their wealth of multicultural knowledge and wisdom into a cohesive and resourceful learning environment for all.
Inspire innovative teaching and service with imaginative uses of collaboration and technology, fostering vibrant programs that are measurably effective in addressing student learning and community needs.
Empower each student to learn by modeling academic integrity, democratic citizenship, and meaningful contribution to society.
As a student-centered learning organization, we will uphold the following core values:
Excellence - providing superior service and educational learning opportunities.
Integrity - guiding the college’s actions with an internally consistent framework of principles.
Accessibility - facilitating access to the college’s programs from other locations.
Diversity - valuing different points of view and contributions of all.
Collaboration - encouraging recursive interaction of knowledge, experience, and mutual learning of people who are working together toward a common creative goal.
Innovation - providing creative approaches to learning, problem solving, and growth.
Victor Valley College, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to providing opportunities for student learning and success through academic advancement, workforce development, and personal growth.
The goals of Victor Valley College are as follows:
- Student Experience and Success. VVC will empower students and cultivate excellence in student learning and achievement, transfer-level course completion, engagement, retention, persistence, graduation, transfer, and job placement for its graduates. VVC will champion an equity-minded frame that fosters responsible attitudes toward cultural diversity, personal responsibility, community engagement, inclusivity, and cultural humility.
- High Quality Practice/Excellence. VVC will continue to develop and implement high-impact, student-centered practices, showcasing VVC’s dynamic, diverse, and highly trained workforce, to promote equitable, innovative, and evidence-based best practices across all campus operations. VVC will continuously demonstrate the quality of its programs by conducting ongoing and systematic improvements using research, assessment, and the professional expertise of its workforce members.
- Institutional Learning. VVC will transform its environment through its investments in a culture of inquiry that emphasizes engaged and collaborative learning through action research. Such powerful scholarship across campus will inspire meaningful contributions to the workforce and local community to create world class innovative teaching and student service practices. In turn, VVC will empower a new generation of lifelong learners with multi-cultural and global competencies.
Campus Culture and Climate
At Victor Valley College there is one constant upon which everything is based: Students come first! This is true in all stages of planning and implementation, including the preparation of the college’s budget, program development, and all services offered to students. It is fundamental to our success and the success of our students. Accordingly, Victor Valley College seeks to enhance its organizational culture and climate by continuous implementation of all elements of a well-defined plan.
- Motivate all members of the college community to do their best.
- Recognize that tone and expectation, in essence climate and culture, are at the CEO level.
- Foster the development and support the success of an increasingly diverse student population.
- Encourage a quality-focused paradigm characterized by embracing institutional effectiveness, measuring student success, and creating innovative yet relevant educational programs and services.
- Build cooperation and trust and create cross-cultural teams capable of meeting the political and educational demands for effectiveness and quality.
- Develop leaders who are self-confident, group-oriented, facilitative of change, catalytic toward quality, and persuasive with all external and internal constituencies.
- Destroy the illusion that constituent groups are separate, unrelated, and often competing forces.
- Provide leadership that will guide activities resulting in appropriate change.
- Promote continuous development of administration, faculty, and staff to provide programs and services of quality and excellence.
- Encourage decision-making to be decentralized, management to be participative, and governance to be shared.
- Advocate a college-wide problem-solving attitude desirous of institutional excellence which meets 21st century standards in education.
- Acknowledge that learning and work can and should be fun and satisfying.
- Thrive on effective communications, vertically and laterally, formally and informally, throughout the organization and in the community.
- Reward and respect quality, excellence, and success, constantly and continuously seeking institutional renewal and improvement.