Services for Students

Access Resource Center (ACCESS)

The ACCESS Resource Center is located in One Stop, Building 23. The program provides accommodations and counseling services to assist students with disabilities achieve their educational goals, by facilitating equitable access to the community college experience. ACCESS is not special education; the ACCESS program is subject to Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Students interested in receiving services must complete an ACCESS application and return it to our office with supporting documentation verifying disability.

Who may be eligible?

Students with disabilities that impact the ability to participate academically in general education, may be eligible for ACCESS services. Examples of qualifying disabilities may include but are not limited to: mobility, visual, hearing, speech, psychological, learning and developmental disabilities as well as other health impairments. Students with verification of temporary disabilities may also be eligible for services.


The ACCESS Resource Center offers students with disabilities a variety of computer software, designed to provide access, despite environmental technological barriers. Screen readers, speech-to-text, and Adapted software application are some of the technology available in the ACCESS lab. Additional support services include sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, materials in alternate format and testing accommodations are some of the services available.

ACCESS Courses

ACCESS courses in the area of disability related topics designed to provide information, support, and learning strategies to students with disabilities.

These courses are subject to change but may include:

  • DVST 50 Language Analysis Development 3  This course offers group and/or individual testing; basic instruction in study skills academic accommodations and learning styles
  • DVST 52 Orient to College for Students W/Disabil  Information and assistance for students with disabilities transitioning to college
  • DVST 1 Language Analysis Development 1, DVST 2 Language Analysis Development 2, DVST 3 Language Analysis Development 3  These courses provide activities designed to address language based learning disabilities
  • DVST 4A Basic Math Reasoning and DVST 4B Developmental Algebra  These courses addresses the perceptual and language deficits that can interfere with understanding mathematical concepts and operations

How to Apply?

Complete a Victor Valley College admissions applications application online at: Request a ACCESS application at the ACCESS Office. You will also need to provide proof of your disability from a licensed or certified professional (forms are available at the ACCESS Office or ACCESS webpage). If you have a learning disability, bring a copy of your most recent Psychological-Educational Report and IEP. For further information contact ACCESS at 760.245.4271 ext. 2212/2433; or visit our website at


CalWORKs is a program that assists students who are receiving County aid (TANF). Cal-WORKs assists those students with educational goals including degrees and/or certificates approved by the County. We provide assistance with books, supplies, transportation, parking permits, and childcare. CalWORKs also has a work-study program that allows us to place students with local employers to meet their state-required activity hours without affecting their aid.For more information, stop by the CalWORKs Office in Building 23, or call (760) 245-4271, ext. 2592.

Please note: Enrollment in the CalWORKS program is initiated your assigned County Employment Services Specialist. For more information on how to enroll in the CalWORKS public assistance program, please contact your local county social service agency. (

Career/Transfer Center

Students interested in obtaining career information or transfer options should visit this unique multifaceted center.

Career Center

Students interested in career exploration should visit the Career Center (co-located with the Transfer Center) to take advantage of the wealth of information available there. Trained staff, utilizing computerized guidance programs and professional publications, will assist you with career research. A library of career related materials such as reference books and career websites can be used to discover career alternatives. Online assessments are also available to help students identify career interests and educational goals. The Career Center also hosts various workshops throughout the year to help students learn about internships, career preparation and exploration. Visit us in Building 23. The Career/Transfer Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 - 7:00 p.m.  Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.For further information, call (760) 245-4271 ext. 2139, or visit See Career Exploration websites at the end of the “Moving On” section.

Transfer Center

Students who plan to transfer to a four year university to earn a bachelor’s degree after attending VVC should visit the Career/Transfer Center. Students can meet with the transfer counselor, may schedule appointments to meet one-on-one with university representatives, research institutions and majors for potential transfer, borrow college/university catalogs, request university general education certifications, and attend trips to university campuses. In addition, the Career/Transfer Center provides a variety of transfer-related workshops, and staff will help students to fill out transfer admissions applications and complete all the steps necessary for a smooth transition. Visit us in Building 23 Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. For further information, call (760) 245-4271 ext. 2139, or visit

The Communication Center

Located upstairs in the Performing Arts Center, Building 54, Room 213, the Communication Center assistants are trained to work with students, individually or as a group, in the various stages of speech and/or oral presentation development including brainstorming techniques, research, organization, speech composition, and incorporation of visual aids. Additionally the center offers individual and group appointments for presentation practice and feedback providing students with specific suggestions for overall improvement. The center also provides Spanish tutoring services during the Fall and Spring semesters as well.

Services currently offered by the center include: speech composition and delivery, development of effective visual aids, taping and viewing services, printing, scanning, navigation of the Blackboard platform, and Power Point instruction. The center is annexed into several strategic areas including the simulated classroom that allows students to familiarize themselves with the surroundings and equipment they will encounter when giving a presentation, multiple computer workstations with Internet and Microsoft Office access, five breakout rooms that can be reserved by individuals or groups of students. It is not necessary for the students to be enrolled in a Communication Studies class in order to access the center. For more information you may contact the Communication Center at (760) 245-4271 x2820 during the Fall and Spring Semesters for hours of operation and other information. You can also find us by searching the VVC homepage or directly at

Counseling Services

Counseling services are available to all students. Students are invited to come in for confidential help in strengthening academic performance, selecting an educational major, developing educational and career plans, solving situational problems, and improving self-understanding.

Career Planning

Counselors can assist students with exploring career options. Students are also encouraged to enroll in a career planning class, GUID 100. This educational planning class helps students discover their own interests, attitudes, values, and will help them make an initial career choice.                                           

"Victor Valley College offers a major and career exploration survey for students on the Navigate platform. Students can find majors and careers that not only match their interests and goals, but they can also explore careers and majors that relate to specific occupational fields. This quick survey links students interests and preferences to majors and certificates offered at the college. Start exploring now!"

Academic Counseling

Counselors are available to help students plan their long and short-term educational goals, and then match classes and majors to their particular needs and interests. Information on the college’s requirements for certificates of achievement and graduation with an Associate degree is available, as is help in determining transfer requirements to other schools.

Social/Personal Development Counseling

All through life, people must fit into society, both at work and in their leisure time. To make this process easier for students, the college offers both individual consultations with a counselor and special group sessions through the personal development courses, such as GUID 56 Self Esteem, GUID 100 Career and Life Planning, GUID 101 First Year Experience, GUID 105 Personal & Career Success and GUID 107 Learning Strategies and Study Skills.

The college maintains a staff of professionally educated counselors to serve its students. Counseling services are available to every student and member of the college community. With professional counselors, students may explore freely and in confidence concerns which are important to them.

Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)

Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS) (a state-funded program) provides book service, priority registration, tutoring, career counseling, student assisting, and other support services to disadvantaged Victor Valley College students.

To be eligible for EOPS, a student must be a resident of California and be enrolled in at least 12 units of classes for Fall and Spring, but not have received an associates degree (AA/AS) or completed more than 70 degree applicable units from any college, including Victor Valley College. Students must also be qualified for the California College Promise Grant Waiver A or B (financially disadvantaged) and be educationally disadvantaged.

To apply for EOPS, students must submit an application to the EOPS Office, located in Building 23. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Summer: Monday through Thursday 8:30-5:00 p.m.

K16 Bridge Program

VVC’s K16 Bridge Program was originally designed by teachers, counselors and administrators to increase the number of students successfully transitioning to a post-secondary institution. High Desert high schools participating in the program are able to provide their students with lessons, activities, and projects that provide students a clear pathway when they enter college.

The K16 Bridge Program meets the new Student Success Act requirements for matriculation, and is developing programs that will help students enter college better prepared in math and English. Students completing the program are eligible for Block 2B priority registration their first semester at VVC. All High Desert K-12 schools in the VVC region are eligible to participate.

K16 Bridge Scholar Program

The college’s K16 Bridge Scholar Program is a way to provide students uninterrupted priority registration for those graduating from a local high school with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Students who attend a designated Bridge High School can apply in the spring of their senior year for provisional entry into the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK). Upon acceptance into the program, seniors will be granted priority registration for their first year at VVC. Students maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and completing at least 12 transferable units during their first semester at the college can apply to PTK to change their status from provisional to lifetime membership. Students going through this program could receive up to two years of priority registration.

High school students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better, who plan on graduating midterm, can apply for provisional membership in PTK in November of their senior year. Midterm grads will need to contact the Bridge Counselor at their high school for matriculation information and time lines. Students granted provisional membership in PTK will need to maintain their 3.5 GPA and complete 12 transferable units by the end of their first semester at the college to become lifetime members of PTK.

Math Success Center (MSC)

Located in the Advanced Technology Center (Bldg. 21 Room 145)
Phone: (760) 245-4271 ext. 2788 or contact ext. 2623 (Anh Weis)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 7:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

The Math Success Center is here to help you study for your math class. You don’t need an appointment; just drop by, sign in with your student ID number, and get the help you need. Come by to study with your classmates, to study on your own, or to get help from the tutors. We have several computers available for your on-line math homework needs, and the tutors are well-versed in these particular platforms..

The Writing Center

Located in the Advanced Technology Center, Building 21, Room 177, students are invited to drop in to the Writing Center to get help with and work on their writing projects, no appointments necessary. Staff and student tutors are trained to work with students on a variety of writing tasks, everything from getting started to drafting essays to revising for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.

The Writing Center holds workshops on writing strategies every day and provides computer access and reference texts to help students. Fall and spring hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00-7:00 and Friday 9:00-3:00; winter and summer hours vary. For further information on services and hours of operation, call (760) 245-4271, extension 2607. For those students not regularly on campus, visit our website for writing information and online tutoring:

Student Services Lab

The Student Services Lab located in Building 23 is primarily for new students that are completing the application/ registration and financial aid process. Students can also print documents for student support programs.

Students are allowed to complete the following items below:

  • Apply for admissions
  • Complete online orientation
  • Complete and/or update financial aid (FAFSA) application
  • WebAdvisor
  • Add or Drop classes
  • EOPS and/or CalWORKs forms

Student Activities

Many activities and services are available to students who attend Victor Valley College. College services help facilitate each student’s educational career and should make college life more pleasant and productive while students pursue their educational goals.

Student Body Privileges

Every student enrolled at Victor Valley College is a member of the student body and is entitled to participate in both academic and extracurricular activities at the college.

The Associated Student Body (ASB) is the organization which constitutes official membership in the community of students at Victor Valley College.

ASB fees are $10 for all students during the Fall and Spring Semester and $5 during the Winter Intersession and Summer Session. These fees are used to support the Athletic programs, Theatre Arts productions, student events and also afford the student availability to scholarship programs, community discounts and access to the ASB Computer Lab.

Students receive an ASB card which entitles them to free admission to all VVC dance, music and theater performances, discounts to other activities, and free copies of the Victor Valley College newspaper/newsletter and other campus publications such as the college viewbook. In addition, ASB card holders are eligible to compete for Associated Student awards, scholarships, and to hold office in student government.

Student Clubs

Clubs for students with a variety of special interests are an on-going part of campus life. A complete listing of clubs is available from the Office of the Associated Student Body (ASB).

Students interested in a particular activity find that campus clubs are a good way to meet other students and share ideas and information. Interested students may join a club of their choice by contacting the club’s president or advisor. Among the clubs on campus are the Model United Nations, California Nursing Students Association, HOSA, Nursing Process 4 Club, EMT Club, Ready Rams, Art Club, Biology Club, Cornerstone Christian Club, AWARE (Adults Who Are Returning to Education) Club, Puente, Art Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Physics Club, LGBTQA, Math Club, American Sign Language, BSU, and Off- Broadway Club.

Student Government

As members of the Associated Student Body of Victor Valley College, all students are eligible to vote for student representatives to student government and to participate in the government of their campus.

Elections for the ASB Council are held in the spring of each year. ASB election information is available through the ASB office located on the 2nd floor of the Student Activities Center. ASB Council meets on a regular basis and determines social policies and program activities for students at Victor Valley College. Students on campus are encouraged to bring matters of interest before the council or to sit in on student council meetings.

According the ASB Constitution, ASB students who are taking six or more units with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 are eligible to run for office or be appointed to student government positions.

The student council’s executive board consists of a President, Vice President, Executive Senator, Secretary and Treasurer.

Air Force ROTC

Through arrangements with California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB), students may participate in the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) program. Aerospace Studies classes and Leadership Laboratories are conducted each Friday on the main campus of CSU-San Bernardino.

Air Force ROTC is a college-level program designed to select and train highly qualified men and women to become commissioned Air Force officers. After graduation from college and completion of all Air Force ROTC requirements, cadets are commissioned as second lieutenants in the U.S. Air Force. Typical service is four years; however, service duration for pilots, navigators and nurses is longer. These individuals serve in a broad range of careers to include actual flying, engineering, administration and a host of other fields, depending on the individual’s academic background.

To enter Air Force ROTC, an individual must have at least two years of college remaining, which may include graduate study. In addition, the individual must be a United States citizen prior to entering the last two years of the program, be available to pass an Air Force medical exam, be of high moral character and be in good academic standing in school. Entry into the last two years of the program is on a competitive basis. Students are required to graduate with a bachelor’s degree, in any academic major, and complete one of the two program options. AFTROTC offers 2, 3, and 4-year scholarships of up to $15,000, but scholarships are not required to participate in the program. AFROTC cadets under scholarship and all juniors and seniors receive a $300- $500 per month tax-free stipend, plus a $900 textbook allowance each year. Currently, CSU-SB does not charge for courses. No military commitment is incurred until entering the last two years of the program (Professional Officer Course) or accepting an AFROTC scholarship.

Classes consist of one hour of academics plus two hours of leadership laboratory for freshman and sophomores. Juniors and seniors will have three hours of academics plus two hours of leadership laboratory. The academic hours earned can normally be counted as elective credit toward graduation. All AFROTC classes and laboratories are held on Fridays to better accommodate students commuting from other colleges and universities.

For more information, contact the California State University, San Bernardino (CSU-SB) Department of Aerospace Studies (AFROTC) at (909) 537-5440. Details are also available here: